During my Masters and later on my PhD I researched about complex adaptive systems, intelligent agents, context awareness, social networks and middleware. As an outcome of my PhD research, awarded as Best PhD Thesis according to the Brazilian Computer Society in Congress on Computers in Education 2013, a framework that collects, integrate and analyze data from different virtual web environments was specified and developed. My biggest challenge when researching was to create a concept where different systems, devices and data were integrated as an unique distributed learning system.
Parallel to my research, I work for 11 years as a Senior System Engineer and Technical Consultant at CESAR (Recife-Pernambuco/Brazil), awarded two times as the most Innovative IT Institute in Brazil, researching/leading/developing for Motorola, Samsung, Compal Electronics and Gemalto international projects. My main responsibilities are to bring innovative solutions to these companies as well as to lead technical cross-disciplinary teams in charge of each project. I have experience in various areas, including: (i) e-learning; (ii) context awareness; (iii) distributed systems; (iv) mobile devices; (v) wearable devices; (vi) social networks.
Furthermore, for five years I have been teaching subjects in Computer Science and Digital Games courses in important universities in Pernambuco State, Brazil. Some of the subjects are: Programming I, Programming II, Programming Practice, Data Structures, Graphs Theory, Formal Languages, Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence.
Current research projects include:
- Smart and Playable Cities
- Software Engineering: Software Architecture and Development, Mobile Development (Widgets, Java ME, bada), Software Quality Assurance, Open Source Software.
- E-Learning: Virtual Learning Environments, MOOC, CSCW, CSCL, Web 2.0, Web 3.0.
- Artificial Intelligence: Context Aware, Recommendation Systems, Using intelligent agents in virtual learning environments, i-Learning, Natural Language Processing.
- Recife: The Playable City
- Recife: The Playable City was an initiative that brought together creative practitioners from Pernambuco (Brazil) and the UK, to exchange ideas and develop new works that respond to the theme of The Playable City. It is produced by Watershed and run in collaboration with Brazilian Technology Park Porto Digital and the British Council. From Jan/2014 to Apr/2014.
- Microsoft Social NUI (The University of Melbourne) - Australia
- The Microsoft Research Centre for Social Natural User Interfaces is a place of interdisciplinary research for creating and understanding innovative interfaces that facilitate human communication, collaboration and social interaction. From May/2014 to current.
- Encounters: Collective Bodies, Creative Spaces (The University of Melbourne/Melbourne City Council) - Australia
- Encounters brings art, technology and people together in a weekly outdoor interactive digital art space in the VCA Courtyard throughout the 2015 SummerSalt Festival. From Oct/2014 to Feb/2015.
- YOUTUBE VIDEO